Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Where is the Crock-Pot?

We've gotten back from vacation, and the 2nd semester of school has started. Nothing screams "comfort" to my kids more than walking into a house that smells like a roast that has been simmering all day. 

A perfect 2nd day of school welcome home don't you think?

Well, at 1pm when I went in the kitchen to get a drink, I realised that my crock-pot wasn't hot. The lid wasn't steamy and the sides were cool to the touch. I opened the lid and stuck my finger in the water ---- cold. Dang it!



This little transformer SAYS it's strong enough to handle the wattage that my crock-pot needs, but apparently not. The transformer itself was warm (they usually are) but it wasn't making my crock-pot "go". 

So I went upstairs to get the Big Daddy transformer that the kids use on their Playstation. It was too heavy for me to lift. So what was a girl to do? 


Take the crock-pot TO the transformer. Yep. That's my crock-pot chuck-full of yummy-ness at the top of the stairs by my boy's bedrooms. Whatever. Don't judge. I put it on a stool. It's totally sanitary. 


Now that dude is cranked up to HIGH in hopes it will be ready in time for dinner. So much for "planning"> 


1 comment:

  1. If it's not one thing it's another, right?! Way to be creative and I bet that roast was DELICIOUS!! I miss your cooking. Here's hoping this second semester goes by super fast!

    ReplyDelete