Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daylight Savings Time - For the First Time

I just received a text from Alex; "Daylight Savings Time is making me soooo tired!!!" "I could fall asleep standing up right here!"

We Sprung Forward an hour at midnight on Saturday. So we lost an hour of sleep. When I take the kids to school in the morning, it is still dark. Dark-dark. Nighttime dark.

We're from Arizona where there Daylight Savings isn't practiced. Granted my kids were born in Missouri and lived briefly in Minnesota; but for their whole lives, they really only know Arizona. We moved there when Andrew was 4 and Alex 2.

This is another first for them. One we hadn't really anticipated, and one of the most difficult "firsts" to date for them. I guess that just proves how well they are adjusting. The hardest thing for them so far - time change. Poor things...

No comments:

Post a Comment