Saturday, June 23, 2012

Farmers Market

Last night we took Andrew to Sushihanna as promised. It's THE BEST sushi Greg and I've have ever had. We didn't get any photos - because my kids would have been mortified if I whipped the camera out in the restaurant.

Alex isn't a fan of anything from the sea, but he enjoys a good cup of Miso soup and chicken fried rice. He's a great sport :)

Today we took the family out to the farmer's market at Los Dominicos. We gathered some delicious fresh produce: mandarin oranges that are out-of-this-world yummy, some fresh tomatoes, avocados (Andrew eats them like they're candy) and a mango from Peru. The mango is as big as my head!





It was a beautiful day. The boys didn't want to go in and out of all the artisan shops, but did enjoy seeing the pen with chickens, roosters, ducks, peacocks and all sorts of other "eatable" live animals. No - we didn't get anything. I like my chicken fresh from the freezer :)

We did stop in a little shop for lunch and had empanadas again (yum).



Alex and Greg tried the "sausage and cheese" version. It turned out to be a hotdog. Greg forgot that here they call hotdogs "sausages". They liked them. It was like a Chilean pig-in-a-blanket.



We're talking about heading to the beach next weekend. Yes it's cold. Yes winter started 2 days ago. Hey. I can't live THIS close to the beach and not get my feet in the sand.

I found a place about 2 hours from here where you can take a boat ride and see these little penguins. Alex is so excited. The one thing he wants to do in Chile: see penguins. I can't wait for that little adventure!

Tomorrow is church for the first time. We'll see how the kids do being TOTALLY immersed in Spanish. All 3 hours of meetings are in spanish and most of the US kids are home for break. We'll have to see how it goes. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment