Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Whirlwind!

What a Whirlwind!

School got out and I headed to Girls Camp at church (of which I was the assistant director). The very next day the kids and I flew to Missouri to visit family for 6 days. We arrived home on Sunday and had the week to pack up and prepare for our move to Chile the following Saturday morning.

Needless to say, it was a little stressful. I'd get things packed and my husband, whom I adore, would unpack and repack - then unpack and repack again... The poor guy. He's the type that will turn around and drive back home after a few minutes because he needs to make sure he shut the garage. Before leaving on a trip, he'll go through the house "just one more time" to be sure things are locked up. He's very thorough. It's why he's good at what he does. I'll be honest, I wasn't as patient with him as I should have been. There might have been a little tiny bit of tension those last few days. It's funny really. I have been in panic mode for the past 3 months - his panic mode didn't set in until 2 days before - at which point, I was pretty zen about the whole thing. I had my list and things were going as planned. It ended up being a good balance. He was calm during my crazy and I was (somewhat) calm during his. :)



By Friday night we both could breathe again. We had 15 pieces of oversized checked luggage in a stack in the living room. The house had been cleaned (thanks to the amazing housekeeper) and our carryon bags were ready to go on the table. Trust me, there was a lot of pacing and recalculating and double-checking of lists, but we were ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment