Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cookie Exchange

Cookie Exchange Time!
My girlfriends and I are getting together for a Cookie Exchange Brunch. I do not have a reliable oven, so the thought of making cookies to actually TRADE with someone horrified me. So I decided to go with the next best thing: 
~Cookie Truffles~

I found these three great cookie truffle recipes on a blog and decided to give it a shot. I worried a little about finding dipping chocolate here - but I lucked out and stumbled upon some in the most unexpected grocery store. It was not expensive. I worried how it would work - but was thrilled with the result!

Here they are - All 6 dozen in their uber-sweet glory:

The Truffles!


Sugar Cookie Dough Truffles:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:

Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles:

I cut popsicle sticks in half and stuck them in each truffle so that I could label them. It also made dipping a zillion times easier. Plus - the sticks are cute :)

All 6 dozen - ready to go!

I have them on summer platters, which at any other time in my life, would have bothered me greatly. I would have stressed about not having them properly displayed on "Christmas" platters. But this year - who cares? It's summer here - so summer platters ARE appropriate. I'm also learning to let things go that don't really matter. [You can tell that the thought crossed my mind, or I wouldn't have even posted about the platters. But it's not something I thought twice about  - yes, maybe once, but not twice! Progress people!]

The recipes and blog address:
NOTE: The cookie dough (both sugar and chocolate chip) versions are REALLY sweet. My kids love them. I think they're ok - but too sweet for me. If you don't love chocolate chip cookie dough, you're not going to love either version. But the oreo cream cheese - delish!



1 comment:

  1. Oooh Tammy I am pinning this! You go girl! Love it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete