Monday, December 17, 2012

The Results

I had such a busy week last week, but had to document the fact that I made it all by myself. I got gas. It was so super easy. I don't know why I worried about it all this time. Here, they have a great system that presets the amount specified so that it doesn't go over the $10.000. It was perfect. Went off without a hitch.

I headed to the King's house to pick up Melinda. Her husband is the Mission President in an adjoining mission. I love her to pieces. She was extra full of energy due to the expected birth of her newest grand-baby that afternoon. She'll be going home in a few days for the wedding of their son, so this will be the first time she's held several new little bundles that have arrived since they began their 2 year mission, 1 1/2 years ago. Her excitement was contagious.

I made it to the Embassy without much of a hitch to grab Melissa, and after only going slightly astray, we made it to the ferria. It was an amazingly fun day! Even if we all had to ride in my stinkin' hot car with no air-conditioning.

I've been here for 6 months now. Things are easier and I am much more confident. I've learned a few more words. Add that to lots of hand gestures and I tend to be pretty efficient most of the time. Thank goodness for the patience of the many natives around these parts. They are all very helpful and very forgiving of my lack of abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment