Thursday, July 12, 2012

Apparently Potatoes Grow in the Ground

I know. Potatoes grow under the ground. In the dirt. I know that. You know that.

I wanted to buy regular old baking potatoes for a potato soup recipe that I am making for dinner tonight. While at the store on Saturday, I searched for brown potatoes. I finally found a few in a small section near the purple and red potatoes and bought a bag:


As I began peeling these "brown" potatoes, I realized that they were incredibly dirty. Like COVERED in dirt that became mud once I began to wash them.


When all of a sudden, to my surprise (and disappointment) I find that these mud covered "brown" potatoes are actually mud covered "red" potatoes. WHAT?!?!

Why on earth would I pay extra to get a bag full of muddy potatoes? This doesn't even begin to make sense.

Whatever. Red potato soup it is...

Here is an unwashed, washed and peeled potato - all red:



No comments:

Post a Comment