Friday, July 27, 2012

Buying A Car!

Greg is buying me a new car as we speak!!! (a new used one) So exciting! It is a 2007 Hyundai Getz that a friend of his from work is selling. I've never really seen a Hyndai Getz, but it has 4 doors and is small - so it fits our needs here in Chile. It is NOT an automatic - so hopefully driving a stick-shift is like riding a bike. It's been years (and we live on the side of a mountain), but the majority of the cars here are manual transmissions, so while in Chile...

So super exciting! I need a car to get the kids back and forth from school and to be involved with any volunteer opportunities that come my way. There is a group here that meets and volunteers at a local orphanage and I am excited to find out all about these different opportunities. When I get my own car, I can even go to the store by myself (well, when I am comfortable enough with my spanish). It's happening! I'm immersing myself!

Ready or not Chile - here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I just had to google it -- it's a cute little car. It won't be long at all before you're as involved in things there as you ever were here. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete