Friday, July 13, 2012

Wah Wah...

I know everyone has been on pins and needles waiting for the results of last night's neighborhood meeting. Well... Wah-Wah-Wah... Nothing exciting to report.

I wasn't able to attend as I took the kids to church, so Greg headed over alone. They discussed the issue at hand for an hour and the last hour was spent socializing. It seems that all who were in attendance felt like just getting a guard would be the best idea. Apparently if you put in a little house thing with a bathroom, you can hire 2 shifts of guys and they will patrol the neighborhood. This allows for not a large investment up front and then if we decide it doesn't work, we just stop.

It would be $40 a month per home and would serve as a deterrent. We'll have to vote in a neighborhood council, which we assume would resemble an HOA, to facilitate and run this type of thing. They'll do more research and meet again.

Greg did learn that we have "THE" pool in the neighborhood and that previous tenants would have everyone over to swim all the time. They also get together frequently to BBQ and share meals together as a neighborhood once the weather warms up.

Awesome! I wanted a friendly neighborhood. Now I have until the weather warms up to learn to communicate with these people. We are still working on getting a spanish teacher set up to work with both me and my kids. It's been a little slower moving than I had hoped, but in Chile everything moves at a slower pace (except the traffic). I am learning to breathe and wait. I'm also learning not to leave my home until AFTER the scheduled arrival time. They call it "Chilean Time". I love these people!

I'm spending my day trying to translate "A Whole New World" (from Aladdin) for Andrew in a way that will be easy for him to learn. 4 weeks until show time!

Happy Friday the 13th Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment